Monday, July 26, 2004

 

HOORAY FOR RICKY WILLIAMS:

Hooray for Ricky Williams:  I find it interesting that the jock world is bashing Ricky Williams for retiring from the NFL.  He's made enough money to support the type of lifestyle he desires, he doesn't want the public attention given to the almighty jock, so whats the big deal?  It's his decision and we all should respect that.  We have a tendency in our society to put jocks, movie stars and rock stars on a pedestal.  We fantasize through them...if only that was me.  I find it refreshing that someone sees that there is more to life than money and so called fame.
Steve S.

Comments:
While reading the latest on the Ricky Williams story I couldn't help wondering how many other jobs go through random drug testing. I assume police, firemen and others such as airline pilots. I know some companies require a drug test upon applying, but how many acually have periodic random drug testing? I'm sure if they did we would be surprised by the number of failures. It also seems there are ways to beat the test using various masking agents, which Ricky evidently used in the past. He chose not to use it (whatever it is) and instead said that one of the reasons for retiring was his wanting to continue using marijuana....you talk about an expensive habit.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?